Saturday, April 23, 2011

Those were the best days

Brock's Easter Bucket.




No candy but lots of fun and noisey toys!



                                      My precious Grandson, Brock. I Love him to pieces.





I had the BEST Easters ever when I was growing up.  My favorite cousin and her family, from Indiana, would always come for Easter.  We would wake up early to check our Easter baskets to see what the Easter bunny brought us.  We always got some great cheesy little gifts.  One year I got a beautiful stuffed white swan.  It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 

I remember all my family(aunts, uncle, cousins) going to the park and spreading blankets on the ground and table cloths on the picnic tables.  Then all the adults would get all the food ready while all the kids would run and play.  Then they would call us all over to eat.  Once the kids were finished eating, well, lets just say, we were ready to HUNT.  

My uncle Benton, was always in charge of the eggs.  Now, we didn't have all those store bought, plastic eggs.  We had hard boiled eggs in all our favorite colors and special designs, that we decorated our self the night before.  Then to top it off, uncle Benton wrote on each egg how much money we would get if we found that egg.  Then he would make one egg a very special prize egg.  It was worth $5.  We were all so excited for the hunt to begin.  The adults hid all the eggs and I mean they really hid the eggs.   Then they would yell," we're ready".  All the kids would take off running to find the eggs.  Can you guess who always found the most eggs?  Well, that would be, me.  Those were the days.
 My kids got to experience that kind of Easter some, but not like I did.  Memories of a lifetime.

We took Brock to his first little Easter egg Hunt today.  He was so cute and was so good.  He loved his little plastic egg we found for him.  Tomorrow he gets to open his Easter bucket from me and his Granddaddy. I think he will love it.  Happy Easter and many Blessing to you and your family.

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. I saw Brock's pictures on fb at the Easter egg hunt. He is such a cutie! I hope y'all have a wonderful Easter. Can't wait to see you in about a month :)

    ReplyDelete